IFMA’s Health Care Council (HCC) is a specialized networking group within the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), and is an association for professionals who manage health care facilities. Recognizing the critical role of FM in enabling health care operations, our mission is to effectively address the challenges of managing medical centers, hospitals, clinics, palliative care and related sites to enhance quality of caregiving.
The Health Care Council was formerly known as the Health Care Institute of IFMA and was rebranded with its current name and refreshed focus in 2019. Now over 230 members strong, HCC consists of hospital administrators, facility managers, design and construction professionals, consultants, vendors and students serving academic medical centers and community hospitals, retirement facilities, and specialty hospitals and clinics. HCC welcomes medical professionals to come grow with us and advance your career.
HCC Offers Resources Focused on FM in Health Care:
- A place for health care facility managers to call home
- Professional development opportunities
- Educational events in live settings and via the internet
- Relevant industry news and timely information
- Networking opportunities
- Industry-specific surveys
- Benchmarking research
- Collaboration with organizations such as AAHID, ASHE, Center for Health Design, and Practice Greenhealth